Week 10 - April 16-22, 2018
Development has started on the resource editing screen and the first prototype is ready. Vasily did a lot of much-needed refactoring while creating it. Here's an example of the work so far:
- Checkboxes are now sliders, made fully with CSS. They come in three colors: green/orange/red.
- Deleting a resource doesn't reload the page anymore and fixes an issue where a deleted page is undeleted after saving it after deleting it.
- A new area is added to the right part of the resource-editing panel. The area is also added to Manager Customization, which means you can add your own TV's there as well, which means you can make an even better UX for your content managers.
- You'll notice new styling for tabs/modals.
- We removed clutter from the top-right and moved unnecessary buttons to a new button with 3 dots in it
- We have breadcrumbs in the manager now (a bit like modDevtools)
Please note that this design is not final. Join the discussion on #modx-redesign in the Community slack.
A full-screen screenshot:
The template preview also is in the prototype stage, which is amazing news for content managers. We can share a screencast about that next week.
Want to help? Test the code and donate!
We need testers, a lot of testers!! Gauke Pieter made a screencast to help you understand the magical world of testing pull requests on Github for MODX.
While the donations started off really good, they are stalling right now. We would like to remind everybody who didn't sponsor or donate yet to do so fast. The budget is still €20.000+ short and extra funding will make it easier to complete the project in the way we want to! Donate here.