Week 9 - April 8-15, 2018
Refactoring, testing, testing, finishing up designs, bug fixing, 2.6.3, 2.7, a lot is going on. We are working on releasing MODX3, but please don't forget that everything happening in 2.6.x and 2.7.x is also going to be in MODX3. Therefore we started testing a lot of stuff in the 2.6 and 2.7 branches on Github. Our goal is to get a real build-out for 2.7 and 3, so people without a lot of git-knowledge can help testing by just downloading a zip file.
MODX3 testing by team members Vasily, Yana, and GP resulted in Vasily finding a lot of stuff that didn't really follow the DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) guidelines. He did a full refactor of the current browser processors, removing a lot of duplicate code and following PSR-2 guidelines while doing that. Refactoring the codebase is a way of looking at the future: better to read, better to maintain and better to improve.
Ever been in the situation where you had multiple tabs open and saved elements (templates, chunks, etc) in all those tabs, thus overwriting your work? Well, we fixed that. Not possible anymore! We added the following columns:
You will get a warning whenever you edit or create an element in one tab, save again in another tab and then return to the first tab to save something.
Another nice addition will make Extra-developers very happy: Markdown support for your extras in the installer! Your changelog, license and readme can now markdown markup to make 'm prettier and easier to read. Work is still progressing on Github.
The design front has been busy researching how to optimize resource editing, the tree, the quick create/template preview and the Uberbar. Rinze has done a really great job at making it more structured.
Resource editing - Content
Resource editing - Settings
Template picker (quick create-ish)
Tree concept 1
Tree concept 1 - hover+tooltip
Tree concept 2
Tree concept 3 - With search on the left top