Week 13 - May 7-13, 2018
We've got one thing to mention for this week: huge refactoring of the MODX core to make it more modern. Vasily changed 2077 files and added PSR-4 autoloading, xPDO 3 models, refactored processors. This means no screenshots this week, but a lot of under-the-hood work!
2077 files were touched, 101.527 lines were added and 104.594 lines were removed (or changed). That's 3.067 fewer lines of code ;-)
The full Pull Request can be found here and it includes:
- PSR-4 autoloading
- Core model updated to xPDO 3.0
- Refactored processors
- Removed modXMLRPCResource and modJSONRPCResource (and also their Response classes)
- Replaced MagpieRSS to SimplePie
- Core files formatted to PSR-2
- Updated build, setup, model generator, tests, etc. Everything needed to make it work.
To test this PR:
- composer create-project modx/revolution www 3.x-dev where www is the directory to install.
- When it will ask Do you want to remove the existing VCS (.git, .svn..) history? [Y,n]? answer n.
- Fetch this PR: cd www && git fetch origin pull/13900/head:3x-refactoring
- Checkout to the new branch: git checkout 3x-refactoring
- Update composer: composer update
- Build core files: php ./_build/transport.core.php
- Open your website in browser and run Setup.
- Login to manager and disable system setting compress_js. Clear browser cache and after this you will see no more errors about wrong processors paths.
Testing is progressing slowly, with only a handful of people doing the testing right now. We need more testers! Gauke Pieter made a screencast to help you understand the magical world of testing pull requests on Github for MODX.
While the donations started off really good, they are stalling right now. We would like to remind everybody who didn't sponsor or donate yet to do so fast. The budget is still €20.000+ short and extra funding will make it easier to complete the project in the way we want to!